Saturday, June 23, 2018

Watch: Candlelight Across The Street 【傳奇時代】街對面的燭光

Just off Oxford Street in London, there is a quiet road – Portland Place. There are lots of embassies here, also the BBC headquarters, and the Royal Institute of British Architects. In 1875, The Qing Dynasty Empress, Dowager Cixi bought an office building here. From then on, this place has been China’s embassy.
On June 5th, 2002, a group of people appeared across the street. Since then, day and night, they have been staying there. Why are they there day and night? What kind of effect do their actions have? Behind their quiet demeanor, what kind of people are they?
在英国伦敦市中心最繁华的牛津大道旁,有一条幽静宽敞的大街,波特兰大街。这里使馆林立,英国广播公司BBC的总部,以及英国皇家建筑学院也在这里。1875年,清朝的慈禧太后买下了这条大街的一栋办公楼,从那时起,中国驻英的外交机构就一直在这里。
十多年前的6月5日,在中国大使馆的街对面出现了一群人,从那天开始,无论白天黑夜,他们从来没有离开过。他们为什么要昼夜不停的待在哪里呢?面对强势的中共政权,他们的行动又能起到什么样的作用?在他们安静的身影后又是怎样的人生?

Watch Candlelight Across The Street 【傳奇時代】街對面的燭光

Watch Candlelight Across the Street (English Dubbed Version)

(The following letter was written by Ben Chen, a principle dancer of Shen Yun Performing Arts. His mom has been the coordinator of this 24/7 vigil of Falun Gong practitioners sine June 5, 2002. He wrote this letter to his grandpa why his parents were always so busy.) 
(這是陳陽暮月寫給爺爺奶奶的信,他在替他父母解釋,爲何他們會那麼忙。他的母亲連續十幾年,與其他一百多名法輪功學員一起,輪流在倫敦中領館前晝夜連續24小時靜坐。)
The letter is from this documentary: Candlelight Across the Street:
此傢書摘自紀錄片《街對面的燭光》:
I always believe that hardship can temper one’s character, enrich his experiences, and improve his morality. This is similar to the principles of cultivation. Of course we are not seeking suffering. But amidst life’s difficulties when other people mistreat me, even while being persecuted, I cannot give up. I have to walk my path with determination.
艱苦的環境能磨練一個人的品德,充實人的經驗,提高人的心性,這和修煉的道理是相通的。當然我們不是故意找苦吃,而是在生活困境中,別人對你不好時,甚至是被迫害中,都不能放棄,都能依靠堅定的毅力走出自己的路。
Thinking back, if I had not grown up this way, I may have become spoiled and lazy, unable to accomplish anything. Had I been too comfortable, I may have gradually abandoned my beliefs, and become lost in material indulgence. While I did not have time to play video games, I might have spent my time on composing music. Without pursuing a luxury lifestyle, I had time to read and enrich myself.
現在回想起來,如果我不那麼成長,也許會變成慣壞的懶人,什麼都不會幹,嬌氣又傲慢。也許太安逸了,也許就會慢慢放棄了信仰,去追求物質享受的無底洞了。沒有玩遊戲機的時間,我可能用在了創作音樂上,沒有享受物質生活的時間,我可能用在了讀書和豐富知識上.
I gradually started to understand why my parents were so busy. My parents were busy, because the persecution has been going on, and it still continues. Many people don’t know that. Human life is so precious. That’s my mom and dad may work day and night.
我慢慢理解了小時候理解不了的,爲什麼大人都那麼忙,理解了當年爲什麼爸爸媽媽都那麼忙。因爲我們處在非常時期,處在被迫害中,而且至今打壓還在大衆不知道的背地裏進行著。人命關天啊。所以爸爸媽媽有時會沒日沒夜地幹。
You said effort ought to be rewarded. This is certainly true. So many years have passed. No matter it was with our family’s situation, or with the way my parents raised me, we may not see the reward at the time. Instead, they will be shown many years later. Dad and mom’s efforts were not in vain.
爺爺奶奶說付出就應有回報,這的確是真理。這麼多年過去了,不管是爸爸做報紙也好,還是家長小時候對我的教養也好,有些事情不一定看到回報,而是很多年後才看到成果的。爸爸媽媽當年那麼費力不是枉然的。
Confucius taught justice and destiny. We should do righteous things without considering if we can succeed or not. We do what we can wholeheartedly, and try to be worthy of our consciences. Regardless of the outcome, we have all succeeded, because in terms of morality and conscience, we will always be in an invincible position.
孔子講過「義」和「天命」,知道一件事情在道義上是對的就應該去做,而不用考慮成功或不成功。我們能做的唯有全心全意去做,對得起自己的良心。這件事不管最後成功不成功,我們都成功了。因爲在道義和良心上,我們將永遠處於不敗之地。