Wednesday, May 28, 2014

[Celebrating 5.13] Restaurant Owner: My Customers and I are Looking Forward to Watching More NTD TV Programs!

Countless customers have come to my restaurant, and some have become regulars. They say that they feel so comfortable here, as if they’ve come home.

I know it’s the NTDTV programs that keeps them coming back, because the programs show China’s true situation, pays attention to disadvantaged groups and human rights and is the voice of the people. During major incidents, NTDTV is the Chinese people’s only reliable source of information.

May 24, 2014 | By Zheng Ming, a Falun Dafa practitioner in Northeast China
(Minghui.org) I’m a Falun Dafa practitioner and a professional chef. I opened a restaurant in 2012 and installed a satellite dish to receive NTDTV programs. I hoped that every customer would have a chance to find out the truth blocked by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Countless customers have come to my restaurant, and some have become regulars. They say that they feel so comfortable here, as if they’ve come home. I know it’s the NTDTV programs that keeps them coming back, because the programs show China’s true situation, pays attention to disadvantaged groups and human rights and is the voice of the people. During major incidents, NTDTV is the Chinese people’s only reliable source of information.
“Forget about the CCTV’s New Year Gala! Just Put this Program on the Air!”
One day, my customers watched the program, “Awkward Moments” during lunch. The hilarious parodies candidly reflected the current situation in Chinese society. My customers laughed heartily. Some said, “It’s great! So realistic! It told the truth!” A man dressed in a security guard uniform said, “Who made this program? It’s genius! Forget about the Chinese CCTV New Year Gala, just put this program on the air! It shows the dark side of society in such a funny way! It’s wonderful!”
Some customers want to watch “Awkward Moments” every time they come. They always enjoy this program.
NTDTV also introduced Shen Yun Performing Arts shows. The beautiful and magnificent show is so valuable but seems unreachable to ordinary people in China. When we give Shen Yun DVDs to people, they are so excited to get a chance to watch it, and they treasure it so much!
“Can I Watch Your TV Even if I Don’t Order Food?”
There’s a construction site close to my restaurant, and the construction workers love to watch NTDTV programs. They often hang around even after they finished eating. The fair, objective and reliable news reports on NTDTV are a sharp contrast to the CCP’s lies and propaganda. Even the cartoons on NTDTV are more educational than those in China. People find hope in NTDTV and especially enjoy programs like “China Forbidden News,” “Clicks Today,” “Awkward Moments,” “History View” and “Digging into China.” Sometimes people ask me, “Can I watch your TV even if I don’t order any food?” I always reply, “Of course! I love to share good TV programs. Stop by any time!”
One construction worker from another town asked why he couldn’t receive this channel on his satellite receiver. I showed him in detail how to find the channel. Because of interference by the CCP, NTDTV had to change frequencies several times. This man would come to ask me every time there was a change. He carefully wrote down the steps to find NTDTV, because he sincerely wished to watch it when he got back home. While he worked nearby, he came to my restaurant to watch it. It became an essential part of his life.
“I Have Been Sold by the CCP Without Knowing It!”
One day, two men came to my restaurant and watched an NTDTV program about corruption in China. One of them said, “What TV channel is this? Someone could be thrown into prison for such a program.” I told him, “The reporting perspective is different. This channel reports the facts. The Chinese news media are the CCP’s mouthpieces. They deceive people and don’t speak for us. NTDTV dares to expose the truth, including corruption in the government. It speaks for the people. If the CCP was good and TV programs smeared it, that would be wrong. But the CCP kills people and these TV programs expose what’s going on in China.”
The man realized he was wrong. He said immediately, “That’s right! We should be against the Party’s corruption. I’ve been deceived by the Party even though I didn’t say anything against it. I would be a fool if I stopped others from saying anything against it. I have been sold by the CCP without knowing it!”
“If All Chinese Watch This Channel, the CCP Will Collapse!”
Occasionally I forgot to turn on the TV. When this happens, my customers remind me as soon as they enter the restaurant. The following are comments I’ve often heard from them.
“Hurry! Turn on NTDTV!” “NTDTV is the channel to watch if you watch TV.”
“These are real news reports! This is media! It dares to tell the truth. I’ve been listening to the CCP’s lies all my life. I finally get some fresh air! My mind needs to be cleansed by NTDTV.”
“The CCP is shameless. It calls itself a mother. It says ‘Party, my dear mother!’ Which ruling party from the Eastern to the Western countries calls itself the mother of the people? Which mother would treat her children like this?”
“If all Chinese watch NTDTV, the CCP will collapse!”
One Television Set Wasn’t Enough
The television was installed on the first floor of my restaurant, so my customers all wanted to eat on the first floor because they can watch NTDTV. Some of them lingered around after eating so that they could watch more programs. Those who come late would rather eat on the first floor while standing, just because they could watch NTDTV there. No one wants to miss the opportunity to watch such great TV programs.
A fellow practitioner of mine heard about this situation. He brought his new LCD TV and installed it on the second floor of my restaurant, so that customers could watch NTDTV on the second floor too.
Everyone Stopped Eating
One day, as I was bringing a dish out of the kitchen I noticed that everyone had stopped eating and was concentrating on the television. No one made a sound. The reporter on TV was the only voice we could hear. The customers had even stopped chewing. The cups they had lifted were frozen in mid-air. Everyone looked serious, shocked and scared.
The program they were watching exposed the CCP’s crime of harvesting organs from living Falun Gong practitioners. Audio recording of medical employees’ interviews was being played back as evidence.
The CCP’s bloody crime went beyond people’s imagination. The shocking facts have challenged people’s tolerance and awoken their conscience. I will never forget that moment, the moment the depth of the CCP’s evilness was completely unveiled.
Through NTDTV programs, my customers learned facts of Falun Gong and easily accepted the truth-clarification materials I gave them. Some took the initiative to find more information. Those who learned that Falun Dafa is great have quit the Communist organizations.
Just like NTDTV says, “If you are concerned with the current situation and future of your nation, please watch NTDTV. If you are concerned with your life and safety, please watch NTDTV.”
The NTDTV programs deeply touched people’s hearts, inspired their conscience and compassion, and cleansed the poisonous information the CCP forced into their minds. 
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the entire staff of NTDTV for their hard work! My customers and I are looking forward to watching more wonderful programs!