Sunday, October 20, 2013

Miraculous Book Changes a Woman’s Life

She recalled, “The book was in front of me. The CCP said Falun Gong was not good, and this was an opportunity for me to find out what Falun Gong was really about. I borrowed the book to see what was in it, and why the CCP had said it was not good. I wanted to come to my own conclusion. I spent two nights finishing the book, and found that it teaches people how to become better by following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. There was nothing bad in it.”

September 24, 2013 | By Minghui reporter Chen Xinning from Brisbane, Australia
(Minghui.org) Helen, who has been living outside of China for quite a few years, often goes to local libraries to read Chinese books to ease her homesickness. One day she saw the book Zhuan Falun, which is banned in China, on the library bookshelf. She decided to borrow it because she wanted to know why it was banned in China. The book changed her life.
Understanding the Real Nature of the CCP from the Incident Involving Poisonous Milk
Helen, 42, was sent to work in Australia by her former company. She stayed on to further her education and got married in Australia.
Helen read a report on the Epoch Times website in 2008, about the incident of melamine poisonous milk powder in China. She felt very sorry for the parents. She said, “My two daughters grew up drinking formula. I learned that so many kids in China had been affected. As a mother I felt so sorry for them that I was in tears. I am so lucky to be in Australia. If I were in China, my kids would have been poisoned, too. That would have been a terrible blow to my family.”
Helen then started reading news about China on the Epoch Times website and learned about the true face of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). She said, “Historical events and political issues I read about here are different from what I learned in Chinese textbooks. For example, during the Cultural Revolution, people really did eat people in Guangxi Province. Under the ‘one child policy,’ many unborn babies have been killed. I felt very sad after reading about these things. How can people be so cruel? Society in Communist China is dreadful. Propaganda films such as The White Girl and Tunnel Warfare that we watched as children were all lies. Those lies have deceived four generations. The CCP created them to deceive its own people. I realise now that the CCP brainwashed people with Communist ideology.”
Banned Book in the Library
Helen often goes to the local library to borrow Chinese books. She found the book ZhuanFalun on the library shelf during Christmas in 2008.
She recalled, “The book was in front of me. The CCP said Falun Gong was not good, and this was an opportunity for me to find out what Falun Gong was really about. I borrowed the book to see what was in it, and why the CCP had said it was not good. I wanted to come to my own conclusion. I spent two nights finishing the book, and found that it teaches people how to become better by following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. There was nothing bad in it.”
Helen later learned that one hundred million people were practicing Falun Gong in over one hundred countries. In Australia it is practiced in many cities. Several months later she decided to join Falun Gong practice and follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.
Big Changes in Mind and Body
Helen had suffered from sequela after giving birth and didn’t get any better from treatments or drugs. She started practicing Falun Gong in April 2009, and within two months she recovered. Helen said with gratitude, “I had problems with my joints after my kids were born. My doctor suggested that I take fish oil tablets, but they didn’t help. If I squatted down, I had difficulty getting up. I had no strength in my left arm, and my left wrist was swollen. It looked like there was an extra bone there. After practicing Falun Gong for five or six weeks, my body felt very light and I had no more health problems. I have not needed any medication since. If I didn’t practice Falun Gong, I can’t imagine what my health would be like now.”
Falun Gong improved her health, and the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance purified her soul. Helen said that she is now able to make judgements from a human point of view instead of using CCP values and ideology, and has re-gained her ability to think normally.
The CCP has caused untold damage to the Chinese culture and adversely affected people’s moral values. After reading Falun Gong books, Helen realized how to be a good person.
She said, “I was educated by the CCP. That education didn’t encompass traditional values such as benevolence, righteousness, propriety, wisdom, or trust. We didn’t know how to value virtue. But those values are very important to us. People don’t recognize virtue in contemporary China. What is the basic foundation of the schools of Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism? Their core principles are Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance. After practicing Falun Dafa, I have a standard in my heart and know how to be a good person. Though I was kind by nature, I didn’t know how to behave in everyday life.
Educating Children with the Principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance
Many parents face the problem of how to educate their children well. Helen had the same problem before she started practicing Falun Gong. She wanted to know how to educate her children. She had read many books but still didn’t have a clear understanding. “It only became clear to me after I practiced Falun Gong. I now measure everything with the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. I can clearly tell my two daughters what is right or wrong, and know how to instruct them.”
Helen’s older daughter is two and a half years older than the younger. They often fought and quarreled with each other in the past. Helen sometimes lost her temper and got angry with them, or even hit them. After she began practicing Falun Gong, she changed her attitude, and dealt with them in a calm manner. Her kids changed, too, and they now get along well. She said, “However bitterly they fight, I talk to them calmly. I tell them that they should treat others kindly and that they should practice forbearance when others are not good to them. I do the same myself. The kids changed when they saw that I had changed. We now communicate with each other better. They like to talk to me.”
Helen’s eldest daughter was stubborn and bad-tempered. “I told her about the principle of ‘considering others first.’ She’s now a good sister and her mother’s good helper. She cleans her own room and is willing to do the housework. Sometimes she bathes her sister and reads story books to her. She also sometimes lets her sister ride on her back. She is now like a big sister and looks after her younger sister.”
Sincere Wish
Helen and her family have benefited a lot from practicing Falun Gong. She’s now very involved in telling Chinese people the truth about Falun Gong, and hopes they will no longer be deceived by the CCP, and will become aware of what’s happening in China.
“I now clearly know what I should do. I hope Chinese people will not believe the CCP lies. From my own personal experience, I have come to understand that the CCP is telling lies and badmouthing Falun Gong. I sincerely hope that the Chinese people will realize the evil nature of the CCP, overcome its control of their minds, and see the truth.”