Friday, February 14, 2014

A Mother And Son Reveal How Bloody Violence Happened To A Good Man

A wife questions on Weibo about the death of his husband. 


Doctor Bai Qun from Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province recently posted on Microblog about the experience of her husband. Her husband Li Hongkui was a role model for over ten years. However, he was locked up and beaten at the Daqing Prison. He is paralyzed and had a brain hemorrhage. Why was a good man handcuffed and beaten up? A mother and a son from Harbin tell of this awful case.
Bai Qun stated in her microblog: “My husband is a good man! He was sentenced to seven years in prison because of his belief!.” “He was tortured to death upon completing his term!”
Bai Qun’s husband Li Hongkui was an electronic engineer at the Post Bureau of Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. He was named “Advanced Worker” on the city, province and the Postal System level for over ten years. Li Hongkui started practicing Falun Gong in August 1994, and was a class coordinator in Harbin City.
At 9p.m. on August 13, 2012 Bai Qun got bad news over the phone. Daqing Prison Fourth District supervisor Zhu Renshan informed her that Li Hongkui was having a craniotomy operation due to a cerebral hemorrhage.
The next day Bai Qun took her son Li Xuan to Daqing City. Around 11a.m. they saw Li Hongkui, whom they previously were not allowed to visit.
Bai Qun: “I saw Li Hongkui was unconscious. I grabbed his hand and called his name. He did not respond. There were two big blue pieces on his legs. I asked the captain what happened. He said these were birth marks. But he did not have these before. How could he have new birth marks at 60 years old?” 
After the craniotomy Li Hongkui was unable to speak. His right hand and right leg were paralyzed. There were five to six guards watching him. At night there were two armed guards monitoring him. There were also two armed policemen on guard 24 hours a day.
Bai Qun: “Seeing this I asked the captain to take off the handcuffs. I said it was inhuman! He said it could not be opened due to policies. I told my son to take a picture. The captain was furious and yelled at us to delete it. He then drove us away.”
On August 14, 2013 Li Xuan, who stayed to take care of his father, found more scars on Li Hongkui’s body.
Li Xuan: “After the thread was removed, his head could be moved to the side. I saw a 3cm gap on the right ear. At his lower back there was a large circular pressure spot. There was a large piece on the leg and a bump on his finger.”
White her decades of experience as a doctor, Bai Qun thinks Li Hongkui was tortured.
Bai Qun: “I discovered this on August 14. Bedsores should be on the hips. His got injury sitting on iron chair and tiger bench.”
Upon learning that the Governor of Calif. was coming to visit,
Daqing hospital doctor told Bai Qun and her son that Lihong Kui’s surgery was successful and he was recovering was fast. 
On August 25, 26 and 27, 2013, the doctor informed the family 
that Li could be discharged. But the hospital president didn’t agree.
At 6p.m. on August 27, 2013, Li Hongkui suddenly vomited with convulsions, followed by a sudden temperature rise to 42 degrees. He sweated a lot and his heart stopped beating on the morning of August 28.
The hospital did not give Bai Qun and her mother Li’s medical case. They finally made a photocopy.
Bai Qun: “This document is fake. It says he had high blood pressure and coronary heart disease for over 10 years. My son said it was not right. My father was not sick. My husband was very diligent in practicing Falun Gong. He was very healthy.”
Bai Qun took the path of petition, asking justice for her husband. But she only got monitoring and suppression from the Chinese Communist Party police.
Facing all this Bai Qun asked with anger and sorrow: “What kind of torture did Li Hongkui suffer from before he got a cerebral hemorrhage?”