Monday, July 15, 2013

A Seagull has Flown Through the Storm after 10 Years’ Injustice in Prison


At the time He Haiou was prisoned,
he was only 29 years old.

10 years later, when he was released,
he was already a middle-aged man.

(http://youtu.be/48i_P895oak)


On July 20, 14 years ago, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), lead by the Jiang Zemin regime, outrageously began the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners, a group of peaceful people cultivating a tranquil practice.
Lives of hundreds of millions of Falun Gong practitioners across the country have been changed overnight since then.
Falun Gong practitioner He Haiou (which means seagull
in Chinese), was a physician employed by the hospital of Chongqing Steel Company.
Due to his firm belief in Falun Gong, he was expelled from the hospital and downgraded to a doorman.
Later on, he was sentenced to as many as 10 years.
At the time He Haiou was prisoned,
he was only 29 years old.
10 years later, when he was released,
he was already a middle-aged man.
On the morning of October 4, 2000, the mountain city
of Chongqing was shaken by tens of thousands of Falun Gong truth flyers.
The flyer headline, which read,”The Historical Liabilities
that Jiang Zemin Cannot Escape From,”
attracted tens of thousands of people’s attention
in Chongqing’s eight districts and two counties.
That was the time when the CCP persecuted
Falun Gong practitioners most rampantly.
The flyers distributed in Chongqing even drew
the attention from the CCP senior authority.
Ten Falun Gong practitioners were arrested
during this event, including 29-year-old He Haiou.
Just like his name, He Haiou’s temper is mild and merciful.
In 1996, he started practicing Falun Gong, as his brother
introduced this cultivation practice to him.
Nonetheless, the persecution storm came too soon.
In July, 1999, the CCP began cracking down on Falun Gong.
In order to tell people the truth of Falun Gong, He Haiou
participated in the printing of tens of thousands of flyers,
which were later were distributed all over Chongqing.
Soon after, He Haiou was sentenced to as many as
10 years and jailed in Chongqing Prison.
In the prison, he fully lost his freedom
and was closely monitored.
He Haiou:”Sometimes, the number of people assigned
to watch me was as many as 9.
At least three people kept a close eye on me.
They had three shifts and monitored me 24 hours a day.
Every word I said and every movement I made
had to follow their ‘rule.’
Even when I slept, a person sat in front of my bed
and watched me.”
Besides the physical torture, another form of persecution
is mental torture.
He Haiou also experienced brainwashing
under severe pressure and in an isolating environment.
For tens of hours continuously, he was forced to
read books and watch videos defaming Falun Gong.
He Haiou: “Every single day, what I could
hear and see were those vicious lies.”
The prison police call this mental torture,
“torture in a gentle way.”
He Haiou: “At the time, I felt that it’s up to my limit
and I was about to fall apart. Even my thinking wasn’t normal.
When I tried to think about what my parents look like,
I couldn’t even remember.”
During 10 years, or 3,650 days, continuous mental torture
had been lynching a person’s will.
He Haiou:”Even if you knew it’s 10 years, not a whole life,
but you felt that it was as long as a whole life in such an evil,
high-pressure, and isolating environment.
You felt that it was endless.”
He Haiou was on hunger strikes many times against
the endless persecution.
When He Haiou had to worry about his own survival,
he still utilized all possible opportunities to tell those
major criminal offenders about how to be a good person
by following “truthfulness, compassion and endurance.”
He believes that the three words “truthfulness, compassion
and endurance”can wake up people’s consciences.
He Haiou:”I will never forget this scene.
A major criminal offender held my hands and said,
‘now I understand all you’ve told me.
One day when I get onto the same path as you,
I will never forget you are my guider.’
At the moment, my tears streamed out.