Monday, July 29, 2013

My Son’s Depression Is Gone—Falun Dafa Saved My Family

(Minghui.org) I am a farmer in Xinji City in Hebei Province. My 20-year-old son is a high school senior. Since he was little, he seldom spoke and was introverted. After he failed last year’s college entrance examination, he was under tremendous pressure and became even less talkative.
At the end of 2012 after repeating his senior year, my son dropped out of school and returned home following the teacher’s recommendation. When he returned, he barely spoke or ate, which are symptoms typical of depression. I became extremely anxious. I took him to several hospitals and spent a lot of money, but nothing helped. Later, I even sought help from witches and sorcerers, but his depression became worse.
Due to the long-term stress, I felt that I was about to collapse. I couldn’t sleep even after I took four sleeping pills. I had intense chronic headaches and felt that my head was about to explode. I went to an acupuncturist, but the needles would not go in. I ate a handful of Chinese medicine, but it did not work.
My son’s depression was worsening. He only ate one meal a day. He acted as though he had lost his mind and lay in bed naked every day. My wife and I frequently cried and felt hopeless. We don’t even know how we survived this last Chinese New Year. We even went to a fortune-teller who said that in the near future I would meet someone who could help us.
I suddenly thought of my second sister, who lives far away in Beijing and who once told me about the miraculous powers of Falun Gong and how it’s being persecuted by the communist regime. Although I knew that Falun Gong is good, at that time I did not want to know more. My sister’s family (my brother-in-law and nephew) practice Falun Gong. I wanted to contact them and ask for help. When I shared my thoughts with my wife, she was a little hesitant but felt we did not have any other choices, and agreed to give it a try. When I called my sister, she said without any hesitation, “Bring him over.”
However, getting my son to Beijing was a problem. My brother-in-law and his son drove to my house to pick him up, but he refused to go. We asked him to come to the front door and bid his uncle goodbye. When he came out, we pushed him with force into the car. At first he bit and kicked us, but my nephew and I caught him and he soon calmed down.
On the way to Beijing, I was physically exhausted and mentally anxious and had a severe headache. We finally got to my sister’s house. As soon as I entered her home, my headache disappeared and I felt great energy in her house.
My son listened to my sister. The changes in him could be seen daily while he stayed there and soon he was able to talk and laugh. He slept normally. After three days of takingmedicine, my sister let him watch the Dafa video lectures. He seriously watched and listened. Three days later, he told my sister that he would stop taking the medication.
After a week, the school contacted us about my son’s physical examination. My sister and I brought him back home. My wife cried when she saw the change in him. When he saw how healthy our son looked, the teacher could not believe that practicing Falun Gong had made such a huge difference. Our relatives felt that Falun Gong is amazing!
We then returned to my sister’s home in Beijing. He stayed there and started preparing for the coming year’s college examinations, and kept practicing Falun Gong. He was back to normal. Witnessing the amazing changes in my son in such a short time, I was extremely happy and have infinite gratitude for Master and Dafa. I have begun studying the Fa and cultivating myself in Dafa.
Dafa has saved not only my son, but also my family! I want to tell everyone: “Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!”