Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blindness and Broken Nose Among the Injuries Suffered by a Retired Female Engineer (Photo)

By a Clearwisdom correspondent from Chongqing, China

Name: Wang Liuzhen (王柳珍)
Gender: Female
Age: In her 70s
Address: Qinjian Second Village, Changanchayuan Garden, Jiangbei District, Chongqing
Occupation: Retired engineer from the Metallurgy Section of the Changan Factory
Date of Most Recent Arrest: January-June 2010
Most Recent Places of Detention: Yuhuacun Police Station in Jiangbei District (重庆市江北区雨花村派出所)
City: Chongqing
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, forced injections/drug administration, beatings, torture, force-feedings, extortion, physical restraint, detained in a mental hospital, home ransacked, interrogation, detention, living under surveillance.

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Wang Liuzhen was sent to a forced labor camp twice by Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities because she firmly refused to renounce her practice of Falun Gong. As a result of the abuse in the labor camp, she became blind. CCP authorities forced Ms. Wang's husband to divorce her and prevented her family from visiting her. In addition, they hired people to follow and watch Ms. Wang around the clock and limited her personal freedom. A few days ago, Ms. Wang was beaten by those who were monitoring her. As a result, her nose was broken and her eyes were swollen to the point that she could not open them.

Ms. Wang Liuzhen after being beaten by hired thugs

Ms. Wang Liuzhen recounted, “In the past few days, those who watched me began to beat me. Four or five days ago, they beat the right side of my face and eye. Two or three days ago, they beat the left side of my face and eye. Last night, a new officer named Liu hit me in the nose, and my face was covered with blood. Liu used a stool to hit me. He also said, 'I just want to get rid of you tonight.' The other officers feared others would see my condition, so they dragged me near a water hose, held me down to the ground and sprayed my face. I couldn't even shout for help, as it was too painful. Later on, my ex-husband learned about my situation and called my son. Originally I wanted to ask my son to take me to the Politics and Law Committee. But after my son saw how badly I was hurt, he said he would first take me to Changan Hospital.”

Ms. Wang continued, “Actually, I have talked to those who were monitoring me many times about Falun Gong. I told them that Falun Dafa practitioners are good people who follow Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Under my advice, five or six young men stopped following and monitoring me. However, a few still did not listen to me. Feng Wanjun is the leader of the group. He did not show up, but ordered his men to torture and beat me. Zhou Chuanwei is one of his men.”

Ms. Wang Liuzhen is a retired engineer fromi the Metallurgy Section of the Changan Factory in Jiangbei District, Chongqing. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. Soon after, she recovered from all of her illnesses without any treatment. After the persecution began in 1999, she was repeatedly taken away by officers from the local 610 Office, Yuhuacun Police Station, and other departments. She was detained in a forced labor camp twice, where she was beaten many times. The forced labor camp also added some unknown drugs into the food provided to Falun Dafa practitioners. As a result, many Falun Gong practitioners developed heart palpitations and were not clearheaded soon after being detained in the labor camp. In order to protest the persecution, Ms. Wang went on a hunger strike. Subsequently, she was tortured more brutally and was once on the verge of death. She was sent to 324 Hospital for so-called treatment. She was also forcibly sent to a mental hospital three times, where she was injected with an unknown drug. She was not released until she was very thin and on the verge of death.

In order to make Ms. Wang renounce Falun Gong, personnel from the 610 Office, the community committee, and the retired employee administration office of the Changan Factory colluded to force Ms. Wang's husband to divorce her. Otherwise, they said, they would stop his pension. They also forced Ms. Wang's family to sign an agreement to not visit her, under the threat that they would lose their jobs if they did.

Currently, Ms. Wang lives alone. As a result of the persecution, she became blind. In order to receive justice, Ms. Wang went to the Politics and Law Committee to appeal her grievance. On June 29, 2010, the Jiangbei Politics and Law Committee dispatched Zhang to lead eight people from the Wulidian Guard Company to follow and monitor Ms. Wang. This group rotated three shifts to follow Ms. Wang around the clock and limited her personal freedom. The eight people were paid by the district government. Each received 1,300 yuan per month. The contract lasted until September 2010.

Afterwards, in order to prevent Ms. Wang Liuzhen from telling others about the persecution, the local police station hired two men to follow and monitor Ms. Wang around the clock. These two put micro-cameras on the buttons of their clothing. No matter where Ms. Wang went, they followed her. When Ms. Wang tried to get on a bus, the two men pushed her down to the ground. However, Ms. Wang shouted, “Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good! Cultivation is not a crime. Stop the persecution, and return my personal freedom.”

Related article:
http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/23/118118.html

Posting date: 1/17/2011

Category: Persecution Accounts - First-hand

Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.org/mh/articles/2011/1/3/被迫害失明-退休女工程师鼻梁又被打断(图)-234449.html