Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mr. Fu Chengyou from Liaoning Province Critically Ill As a Result of Persecution (Photo)

February 10, 2013 | By a Minghui correspondent from Liaoning Province, China
( Mr. Fu Chengyou, 66 years old, lives in the Bayuquan District, Yingkou City, Liaoning Province. He has two sons and daughters-in-law who respect him very much, a lovely grandson and a pretty granddaughter. At an age when he should enjoy the comfort and love of his family, he cannot go home but has been forced to become homeless for nine years. On November 28, 2011, Mr. Fu was arrested by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) authorities because he practices Falun Gong. He was sentenced to seven years in prison. He has been abused in detention and is now critically ill.
Mr. Fu Chengyou
Mr. Fu Chengyou is being detained in the Seventh Division of Dalian Prison. Originally very healthy, in just one short year, he has become critically ill as a result of abuse. His legs are swollen, and his skin is extremely itchy, ulcerous, and sloughing off in places. He cannot sleep at night. His family requested that the Dalian Prison release him on bail for medical treatment. However, Dong Hongshuai, deputy warden of the Seventh Division, has refused.
On July 2, 2002, Mr. Fu was arrested by the Nantai Police in Haicheng City, Liaoning Province, because he refused to give up practicing Falun Gong. He was detained in the Haicheng Detention Center. By the end of November 2002, as a result of brutal persecution, Mr. Fu’s entire body was swollen, his skin was flaking off, and his clothes and shoes no longer fit. He was sent to the Haicheng Hospital for a comprehensive examination and then sent back to the detention center. The hospital concluded that Fu’s heart, liver, spleen, lungs and kidneys were damaged, and he was near death.
Afterward, officials from more than ten departments, including the Anshan 610 Office, the Anshan Politics and Law Committee, the Anshan Public Security Department, the Haicheng 610 Office, the Haicheng Political and Legal Affairs Committee and the Haicheng Public Security Department, went to the Haicheng Detention Center to look into the situation. After learning of the severity of Mr. Fu’s condition, they were afraid to bear responsibility. They had a discussion and decided to release Mr. Fu after the 16th Party Congress was over. After the 16thCongress was over, the detention center urged the Domestic Security Division to release Mr. Fu because they were afraid that he would die in the detention center. The Domestic Security Division quickly contacted Mr. Fu’s family and released him. Mr. Fu studied the Fa, practiced the Falun Gong exercises, and sent righteous thoughts at home for 18 days. His health improved very quickly, to the point that he could walk again and manage stairs.
After Mr. Fu’s health improved, Wang Kui, chief of the Bayuquan Domestic Security Division Zhang Lu, and other police officers surrounded his home, entered and ransacked it. Mr. Fu told Wang Kui about nearly dying in the Haicheng Detention Center. The police hesitated when they saw that Mr. Fu’s legs were still very swollen. Finally, they took Mr. Fu’s wife, son, and grandson away. Because their superiors insisted that Mr. Fu be arrested, the police went back to Mr. Fu’s home. Mr. Fu had no choice but to leave home, becoming homeless and destitute for nine years.
Mr. Fu’s wife was also a Falun Gong practitioner. She was arrested many times by the Bayuquan Police Department. Her diabetes relapsed due to the long-term trauma and stress of the persecution. She has passed away.
On June 28, 2011, Zhang Ji and Liu Sen from the Domestic Security Division of the Yingkou Police Department, went to the home of Mr. Fu’s son and harassed the family. They delivered a notification urging that Mr. Fu turn himself in, which was issued by the Liaoning High Court, the Liaoning Procuratorate, the Liaoning Police Department, and the Liaoning Judicial Bureau. They asked where Mr. Fu was, and began to stalk his family in an attempt to locate him.
On July 15, 2011, Hui Huaiqi, instructor of the Bayuquan Domestic Security Division, and a young police officer went to Changjiang Elementary School in Bayuquan District to look for Mr. Fu’s granddaughter who was nine years old and in fourth grade. The associate principal and Xu Qian, homeroom teacher, cooperated with the police to find the child. The young police officer chased the girl, who tried her best to run away. She remained terrified at home for quite a while.
Around July 15, 2011, the police went to the home of Mr. Fu’s second son. At that time, his nine-year-old grandson was at home. A plainclothes policeman banged on the door, which frightened the boy, who did not dare stay in the home. After the police left, the boy stayed outside for four hours until his mother came home.
On November 28, 2011, the director of the Taishan Community Women’s Federation in Bayuquan and several policemen from the Bayuquan Domestic Security Division arrested Mr. Fu’s second son and questioned him about his father’s whereabouts. Mr. Fu’s son was detained for 24 hours. Actually, on that day, Mr. Fu Chengyou was arrested by officers from the Dawa County Police Department when he was in Dawa County, Panjin. However, the police did not inform Mr. Fu’s family, but detained his second son and threatened him in order to force him to admit that he had harbored his father. Mr. Fu’s family searched desperately for him after he was arrested. They did not learn of his current location until March 2012. The Bayuquan Public Security Department had Mr. Fu sentenced to seven years in prison despite having no evidence of any illegal activity.
On April 5, 2012, Mr. Fu was sent to Nanguanling Prison. On May 7, 2012, he was transferred to Yaojia Prison.