Monday, February 25, 2013

My Son and I Have a Good Life


My dear friends, It would be unwise to regard the hate propaganda that the Chinese Communist Party has directed against Falun Gong as true. If you are willing to listen, each and every Falun Gong practitioner will be glad to share the most touching stories he or she has experienced from the start of their practice. Please do not fall prey to the Chinese Communist Party’s lies about Falun Gong. I hope that you will someday know the joy and happiness that my son and I have experienced once you understand and accept the truth about Falun Gong.
June 25, 2012 | By a Falun Gong practitioner in China
(Minghui.org) Despite the many bad temptations in today’s society, my son remains pure and innocent due to his practice of Falun Gong. I don’t have to worry about him falling in love at his tender age or wasting time at Internet cafes. He knows self-discipline according to Falun Gong’s cultivation principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. He strives to be a good student and a good son. I thank Falun Gong repeatedly for forging my son into such a good boy. I am truly overcome with joy and happiness.
We all face many different situations in life. Sometimes one single precious decision will bring about unanticipated changes. I am genuinely thankful to a decision I made many years ago to practice Falun Gong. I used to be a single mother that people pitied. Now I have so much joy and happiness that I would like to share.
It was in the spring of 1995 that I started practicing Falun Gong. To this day, I still remember how excited I was when I read Zhuan Falun [the main text of Falun Gong] for the very first time. Since then, Falun Gong’s cultivation principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance have solved many problems in my life.
When my son was ten, I introduced him to Falun Gong. Mothers always want to give the best to their children; I am no exception. What can be more important than introducing the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to my son? A positive ideology will benefit my child for a lifetime, even more than wealth. There are so many things I would like to share, but I will share only the highlights.
My Son Is My Support Team
My son is 14 years old, at the so-called “rebellious stage.” People say teenagers are a challenge, but I have never had any problems. Since he started practicing Falun Gong, my son has become very calm, thoughtful, and grounded. He even teaches me a thing or two at times.
Once I bickered with my mother when my temper got the better of me. Grievance drove me to tears. When my son saw me in tears after he returned home from school, he asked out of concern, “Mom, would you like to talk to me about anything that upset you?” As though a dam had been broken, I reeled off a list of complaints about my mother. He listened in silence and did not interrupt me. When I finished, he said slowly, “Mom, do you remember what Teacher said about seeking inward for areas of improvement in all circumstances? Isn’t this a great opportunity for you to upgrade your xinxing? Grandmother is old. You should not hold grudges against her. Aren’t we supposed to have compassion?” I looked up at my son’s solemn expression. This “adolescent” had put me to shame! With such a wonderful son, how could I not strive to become a better person?
Of course, my son has faced some unpleasant situations in life and has needed my help and encouragement. Every weekend he is asked to visit his fraternal grandparents. They are old and adore him, but my son does not find these visits enjoyable. It was something for him to “endure.” He said, “Grandpa pulls the same routine every time. I am really bored with them. Why must I spent every weekend with them? Why can’t I stay home doing things I like?” Looking at my frowning son, I explained to him, “A cultivator must be thoughtful of others at all times. A cultivator must think of others’ feelings at all times, not to mention those of your grandparents. Are you kind enough to them?” He fell silent. Since then, he has visited his fraternal grandparents without my having to remind him. His grandfather even said, “My oldest grandson is the most respectful and dutiful! He is mature and obliging!”
There are many such stories. My son and I support each other with the teachings of Falun Gong. All the troubles we have faced have been resolved benevolently. My son, who is supposedly at a rebellious stage, is not rebellious at all. Instead, he has been my support team and a shoulder to rely on. My son and I have developed a strong bond that many envy.
My dear friends, It would be unwise to regard the hate propaganda that the Chinese Communist Party has directed against Falun Gong as true. If you are willing to listen, each and every Falun Gong practitioner will be glad to share the most touching stories he or she has experienced from the start of their practice. Please do not fall prey to the Chinese Communist Party’s lies about Falun Gong. I hope that you will someday know the joy and happiness that my son and I have experienced once you understand and accept the truth about Falun Gong.
From the Call for Submissions to Commemorate the Twentieth Anniversary of Falun Dafa’s Introduction
Why Jiang Zemin and CCP Persecute Falun Gong?
[VIDEO] Why Jiang Zemin and CCP Persecute Falun Gong?