Thursday, April 25, 2013

How I Became a Falun Gong Practitioner

Since that day, my attitude toward Falun Gong changed completely. Not only had I realized that Falun Gong practitioners are good people, I also understood that I had been duped by the lies fabricated by the Chinese Communist Party regime’s state-owned television (CCTV).

I used to be afraid to talk to Falun Gong people, and even if they did say something that made sense, I refused to believe it.

But now, everything is different. Not only do I look for Dafa-related truth-clarification materials, wherever I go, I also seek out Falun Gong practitioners

April 15, 2013 | By a practitioner in China
(Minghui.org) In 2000, I traveled to Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province, with my two-year-old child to visit my mother. I had asked my brother to book two return train tickets to Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. However, the best seats—which were located on the lower berth—were all sold out. My brother suggested that I try to swap my ticket for a better one after I got on the train.
As soon as I boarded, I asked every passenger in the bottom and middle berths of my train compartment if they would mind exchanging tickets with me. To my surprise, they all said, “No!” Some complained that the upper berth was too hot; some said the ceiling was too low, and some told me that, from that position, the sway of the train was very pronounced.
I decided to ask the conductor for assistance, but he flatly refused to intervene. So, I sat on the hallway bench, hugging my child and feeling helpless and disappointed. I told myself that I would sit there until morning.
Just then, a lady in her 60s came up to me and politely asked me why I was sitting in the hallway, instead of sleeping in my train compartment. After I told her my story, she said, “If you hold your child like that all night, not only will he have a bad night, but so will you.” She then pointed to a bottom seat not too far away and kindly said, “You and your child can stay there.”
I was very appreciative and surprised, because I knew that was her seat. I replied, “You are an elderly lady, how could I let you sit on this hard bench for the whole night?” She calmly said, “Don’t worry. I can sleep in your upper berth, right?”
I said, “I sincerely appreciate your kind gesture, but it would not be right for you to have to sleep on the top berth. If anything happened to you, I would be filled with regret.” She replied in a sincere tone, “I cultivate Falun Gong. You don’t need to worry about me. I am very healthy and I will not fall.”
She then started to tell me the facts about Falun Gong. She told me that, before she turned 30, she had already had a kidney infection, gall bladder problems, arrhythmia, a tumor in her stomach, and other medical problems. Because of her declining health and personal problems, she decided to retire early. In 1995, she started practicing Falun Gong, and shortly after, all of her illnesses disappeared. In addition, she went from a sickly 88 pounds to 110 pounds and felt very healthy.
“And that’s why you don’t need to worry about me,” she said confidently. Then she grabbed her belongings, placed them on the upper berth, then nimbly climbed up the metal ladder. I envied her for her positive attitude, and I admired her for her kindness.
The next morning I woke up feeling very refreshed. Shortly after, our train had arrived at the Shenyang station and everyone had to exit quickly. When the lady’s daughter and son-in-law came into the train compartment to grab her suitcase, the old lady asked them to carry my luggage and help me off the train first. Only then did she let her family assist her. Looking at her compassionate, smiling face, I realized that there were still good people left in the world!
When I was ready to leave, I thanked her profusely. She said, “You don’t need to thank me. If you really want to thank someone, you should thank my Master. It was Master Li Hongzhi who taught us to behave like this. Master taught us to cultivate ourselves and always be considerate of others first. Although he teaches us to be completely selfless, I am very far from that realm.”
After I arrived home, my husband asked, “Did you compensate the old lady for allowing you to stay in the more expensive berth?” I said, “No, she did not mention anything about money.” My husband replied, “I can tell that this lady’s kind heart cannot be bought with any amount of money.”
Since that day, my attitude toward Falun Gong changed completely. Not only had I realized that Falun Gong practitioners are good people, I also understood that I had been duped by the lies fabricated by the Chinese Communist Party regime’s state-owned television (CCTV). I used to be afraid to talk to Falun Gong people, and even if they did say something that made sense, I refused to believe it.
But now, everything is different. Not only do I look for Dafa-related truth-clarification materials, wherever I go, I also seek out Falun Gong practitioners.
One day, I sat down and quietly contemplated the state of Chinese society. It then dawned on me that only Falun Gong is a pure-land. It was at that precise moment that I decided to practice Falun Gong.