Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mr. Jiang Xiqing Cremated Alive, His Children Seeking Justice

April 11, 2013 | By a Minghui correspondent from the mainland of China
Over six hours after Mr. Jiang Xiqing was pronounced dead by the guards at the forced labor camp, at around 10:10 p.m. on January 28, 2009, his children found his philtrum, chest, abdomen, and thighs still warm.

They were astonished, and cried out, “Our father didn’t die. He is alive!” “Hurry up, please save our dad! Save our dad! He is still alive!”

The children tried to apply CPR, but over two dozen guards from the forced labor camp forcibly dragged Mr. Jiang’s body out of the cold storage of the funeral home.

Mr. Jiang Xiqing’s family photo
Mr. Jiang’s family members have been appealing to the government to hold the labor camp responsible for Mr. Jiang’s death, and seek justice for him. The Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City, the Political and Legal Affairs Committee, and the 610 Office in Jiangjin District attempted to evade justice by collaborating with the local police station and State Security Bureau.
The family was harassed and threatened, placed under surveillance, and had their home ransacked, in attempts to stop them from seeking justing. The attorneys who were hired by Jiang’s family were also beaten.
Wan Fenghua, the Jiangjin District Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Politics and Law Committee secretary, frequently threatened and harassed Jiang’s family. He illegally arrested Jiang Xiqing’s daughters Jiang Hong and Jiang Ping on the evening of March 2, 2010. He said to them, “You’ll be released as long as you write a statement promising not to hire any lawyers. Otherwise, you’ll be sent to a forced study session for a few weeks!”
Another daughter, Jiang Li, from Shanghai, went to the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on March 8, 2013 to submit a petition letter to members of the National People’s Congress (NPC) and the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), during their annual sessions. She was arrested on Tiananmen Square, and detained in Majialou, then escorted back to Shanghai, and detained for nine days. The guards forced her hand to sign and leave a thumbprint on documents prepared on her behalf.
Repatriation and Detention for Petition During the Annual NPC and CPPCC Sessions
The following is Ms. Jiang Li’s statement on how she was repatriated and detained for her petition during the annual sessions of NPC and CPPCC.
I am Jiang Li, daughter of Falun Gong practitioner Jiang Xiqing. My father was a retired staff member of the Jiangjin District Taxation Bureau in Chongqing City. He was illegally arrested in 2008 before the Beijing Olympic Games, for practicing Falun Gong. He was detained and persecuted in the Seventh Division in Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City.
We visited him in the labor camp on the afternoon of January 27, 2009. He was 66 years old, and looked healthy. However, in less than 24 hours, on January 28, we received a phone call from the labor camp, saying that he had died of an acute heart attack.
Over six hours after the labor camp his death, we examined my father’s body, which had been in a freezer, and found that his philtrum, chest, abdomen, and thighs were still warm. We were astonished, “Dad didn’t die. He is still alive!” We cried out, “Please hurry and save my dad! Hurry up and save him! My dad is still alive!” We wanted to do CPR to rescue him, but were stopped by over twenty guards on site. The guards from the labor camp forcibly removed him from the cold storage area of the funeral home.
I have been seeking justice for my father ever since, and have been threatened and illegally detained for hiring a lawyer. I have also been dismissed by employer (Shanghai Airlines).
I went to the Jingxi Hotel in Beijing twice, on March 5-6, 2013, to submit a petition letter to members of the NPC and CPPCC. The letter asked them to protect the freedom of belief, freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly granted by the Constitution, and to stop the persecution of my family in Chongqing City, as well as to bring to justice those in the labor camp who beat my father to death.
I went to the Great Hall of the People on March 8 to again submit the petition letter to members of the NPC and CPPCC. I was illegally arrested by police on Tiananmen Square, and detained in Majialou.
I was escorted back to Shanghai at 8:30 a.m. on March 10, and was sent to a relief center located on Fucun Road. Four police officers, including Zhou Xiaowu, Cao Jie, Dai Guoliang, and Xu Hui from Beixinjing Police Station in Changning District, along with two unidentified men, took me to a private interrogation room in the police station.
Zhou Xiaowu (cell phone number +86-13061997510) and Cao Jie were in charge of the interrogation, and Dai Guoliang (cell phone number +86-13061997506) was in charge of reporting. Xu Hui and the two unidentified men sat at the door as guards. The interrogation continued from 9:30 a.m. to 2:10 p.m., but I refused to answer any questions.
I was cuffed and tightly tied to an iron railing, unable to move, at the detention center for about six hours, during which time I lost control of my bladder and bowels. My stomach hurt more and more. The guard, Ren, then became afraid she would be held responsible, and loosened me up. The next day, she forced my hands to sign and leave a thumbprint on documents that had been fabricated on my behalf.
Jiang’s Family Threatened and Intimidated for Petitioning
The labor camp claimed that Jiang died of a heart attack. However, the story changed on March 29, with the labor camp claiming that Jiang had died after receiving scrape therapy (a therapeutic method of traditional Chinese medicine) earlier that day. The forensic examination report issued by the labor camp stated that Mr. Jiang had three broken ribs (No. 4, 5, and 6) and had bruises about the chest, suggesting that he had been brutally beaten before his death. Scrape therapy could not have caused three broken ribs.
Since Mr. Jiang Xiqing’s death, his family has been appealing to hold the labor camp responsible for his death. The guards at Xishanping Forced Labor Camp have done everything to escape justice. They collaborated with the local Political and Legal Affairs Committee, and used the State Security Bureau and local police station to harass and threaten Jiang’s family.
First targeted was Jiang’s eldest daughter Jiang Hong. Over twenty people from various offices went to her home. Fortunately she was not home. Mr. Jiang’s son Jiang Hongbin was then targeted. They even ordered Hongbin’s employer, director of the local taxation bureau, to pressure him into giving up all efforts to seek justice. The police later searched the home of Jiang’s second daughter Jiang Ping.
Jiang’s family had no choice but to hire lawyers from Beijing to help them defend their rights. On May 13, 2009, when the two lawyers from Beijing arrived at Jiang’s home, dozens of officers from Jiangjin Police Station broke in and beat the lawyers and Jiang’s family members. Six people were seriously injured, and one lawyer lost his hearing. The police then handcuffed the two lawyers and Jiang Hongbin. Jiang Hong was illegally arrested on August 28, 2009, at around noon, at Yangjiaping in Chongqing City by Jiangjin 610 Office agents.
Despite the persecution, Jiang’s family continued to seek justice. On March 1, 2010, Jiang Hong and Jiang Ping again worked with two lawyers to prepare a case seeking justice for their father’s death. The next day, they went to the Chongqing No. 1 Intermediate People’s Court to submit the case, and were told to expect a response from the court within seven working days. Jiang Hong and Jiang Ping then sent the two lawyers to Jiangbei Airport. At the airport, they found themselves being followed. On the way back to Jiangjin, as soon as they got off at Caiyuanba Bus Station, police officers who had been waiting for them illegally arrested them.
After Jiang Hong and Jiang Ping’s family heard of their whereabouts on March 3, they went to the Jiangjin District Political and Legal Affairs Committee and the police department to request their release. The officers denied knowing anything about it. After repeated inquiries, Wan Fenghua claimed, “They will be released as long as the family writes a statement guaranteeing that they won’t hire any lawyers. Otherwise, they will be sent to a forced study session for a few weeks (a brainwashing session)” Jiang Hong’s daughter Zhang Xiaoyue went to the Political and Legal Affairs Committee again by herself. Wan Fenghua threatened her, “If you come again to make trouble, we will also arrest you!”
Although the lawyers’ contract was not signed by Mr. Jiang Hongbin, Wan Fenghua forced him to write a document to the lawyers canceling the legal representation. Wan continued to pressure Mr. Jiang in attempts to persuade his sisters to give up the lawsuit.
Ever since Mr. Jiang Xiqing was persecuted to death, Wan Fenghua and others have harassed Mr. Jiang Hongbin’s family in their home. They have called day and night, rang the doorbell, knocked on the door, and monitored them from the shadows. Mr. Jiang Hongbin’s wife, Zou Xuqun, could not bear the pressure and was forced to divorce him. However, Wan Fenghua still ordered the Domestic Security Division officers Zou Kaijun and Mu Chaoheng to threaten her at her workplace, Jiangjin Telecom, and prevent her from working.
Related articles: